Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Rockport Work Women's Top Shore - Choose SZ/Color RK600 Shoe oopggn3900-Comfort Shoes
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- 6556 YSL, Yves Saint Laurent Palais 80 Pump Unicorno Rouge, Size 35.5,36,36.5
- WOMEN'S/JUNIOR SHOES SANDALS SNEAKERS CROCS CLASSIC [10001 GARNET]
- Superga 2790 Classic White Womens Shoes Sz US women 9.5, Men 8 / Eur 41
- Mizuno Wave Horizon Women's Running Shoes (Size 8) Pink Blue 410874.1390
- Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Canvas Premium 705190-221 Camo Men Size 8.5
- NIKE SB KOSTON HYPERVULC SZ 8.5 BLACK GUN BROWN WHITE MEDIUM OLIVE 844447 004
- PUMA Mens 365 Ignite Netfit CT Soccer-Shoes 12- Pick SZ/Color.
- Man/Woman ASICS Dynaflyte 2 Elegant and sturdy set meal Pleasant appearance a lot of varieties
- Nike Air Unlimited Men's David Robinson Size 11 Slate Ultramarine 889013-003
- Mr/Ms Adidas Ultra Boost Men’s Sz 9.5 New product Moderate cost Modern and elegant
- DS Nike Air Jordan XX3 23 White Royal Blue Men’s size 9 USED
- ASICS MENS GEL NIMBUS 19 T700N RUNNING SHOES
- Adidas Men's Casual Shoes 13 GU Blue Tab Black NMD_R1 BOOST VNDS BO MAO w/Box
- Hender Scheme mip-10 Air Jordan4 black size 4 (26～26.5cm) Limited Super Rare
- Mr/Ms Blundstone Dress Series Boot - Men's Ideal gift for all occasions a good reputation in the world List of explosions
- Skechers Soft Stride Mavin Size: 8.5 4E (EW) EXTRA WIDE Men's Work Shoes
- Mens Casual Round Toe Faux Suede Driving Moccasin Slip On Loafers Flats Shoes sz
- Vince Men's Soren Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Karl Lagerfeld Men's Black Leather Kent Fashion Sneakers Shoes Sz 8.5 M - 232742
- To Boot New York Adam Derrick Double Monk Strap Leather Loafer Shoes Men's 8.5 M
- New Brooks Vantage Heritage Collection Women Shoes Size 8 trq
- 2012 Nike Womens Air Max Correlate White/University Gold/Pink Shoes! Size 8
- Reebok Women's Zpump Fusion 2.5 Le Walking Shoe
- New Nike Womens Air Zoom Hyperace Nike Volleyball Black White 902367-001 Size 12
- Hoka One One Clayton 2 Medieval Blue Fuchsia Atoll Shoes Womens Size 9 *NEW*
- Nike Air Presto Flyknit Ultra Casual Women's Shoes Size 7
- HOGAN WOMAN SHOES HOGAN H283 MAXI 222 H GREEN LEATHER HXW2830T548DU00002 BLACK
- Born Sz 7.5 Dark Brown Persimmon Leather Women's Boots Tall
- Gentlemen/Ladies DELIGHT-1008SQ durable Modern design Outstanding function
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Ma-Blyss Ankle Bootie, Cognac/Port/Black, 10 M US
- Nine West New Nicolah Black Womens Shoes Size 10 M Boots MSRP $179
- Cesare Paciotti 4US Blue Leather Short Boots 39
- MIU MIU CAPRETTO STITCH TEAL LEATHER BOOTIE: Sz 37.5, Orig$790, Pre-owned
- Adidas Barricade Court 2 [AQ2283] Men Tennis Shoes Navy/Vivid Red-White
- Man/Woman Mens Clarks Shoes, 'Hook Roll' for you to choose Good market Elegant and stable packaging
- The North Face Oso Winter Boots, Moonlight Ivory, 5 US / 36 EU
- TEVA DE LA VINA WOMEN SHORT BOOTS LEATHER BROWN/GREEN US 9.5 //
- Nike Womens Lunarglide 9 Running Trainers 904716 Sneakers Shoes 002
- ORIGINAL NEW WORK FIT B/S WORKTIME RUBBER CLOG GREEN FLUO
- Marc Fisher Dalli Ankle Strap Heeled Sandals, Light Natural
- Vegan Arcopedico Leina Carmel Flats Mary Jane, Sz (US 9)
- 2019 Fashion Womens Occident Pointy Toe Rhinestone Square Button Pumps Leather s
- Patricia Green Women's Chloe Pearl Grey Scuffs
- Skechers Women's Bobs Plush Lil Americana Alpargata Red/Multi Flats
- Sz35-41 Womens Pointed Toe Sexy Club Ankle Strappy 16CM Stilettos Heels Shoes
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.