Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
ECCO Terra Cerro YAK Brown Leather Hiking Sandals Shoes 44 10-10.5 Fisherman Men oocplo4495-Athletic Shoes
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
|Condition:|| : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Great Condition!”|
|Upper Material:||Leather||US Shoe Size (Men's):||10-10.5|
|Brand:||ECCO||Euro Size:||EUR 44|
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- Women's Frye Boots Melissa Button Short Black Riding Style 77897 BLK
- MENS NIKE HYPERVENOM PHELON TF VOLT FLURO YELLOW VIOLET BLACK SOCCER BOOTS SHOES
- VANS HALF CAB PRO OUR LEGACY OC ORANGE SKATE SHOES MENS AUS SELLER KINGPIN SKATE
- Reebok CL Nylon Slim Mesh Red White Womens Classic Trainers Sneakers V71882
- Men's/Women's Demonia CRYPTO-51 Special price Win the praise of customers Modern and elegant
- Men's/Women's Funtasma GANGSTER-15 Guarantee quality and quantity At a lower price Strong heat and heat resistance
- Easy Spirit Womens Gessica Closed Toe Slide Flats, Grey, Size 8.0
- NWB Tory Burch Blossom Leather Espadrille Slip On Shoe Jute 5 Floral Flowers
- Women's Ecco Soft 7 Casual Leather Sneakers Shoes White
- Rockport Works Top Shore Steel Toe Penny Loafers, Women's Size 6W, Brown
- Nine West Women's OLLIAL Suede Mule - Choose SZ/Color
- Fashion Womens Stiletto High Heels Sandals Ankle Strappy Buckle Clubwear Shoes
- Missoni Multi Color Abstract Print Buckle Closure Open Toe Women's Wedges Size 8
- NEW Badgley Mischka Women's Wade Slipper, Dark Purple Velvet, 8M US $198
- Stuart Weitzman Slip On Suede Booties Black Women Sz 7.5 M 6631 *
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.