Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Eileen Fisher Sport - Women's Size Wheat Sandals 5.5, oojwpc2049-Sandals
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
|Condition:|| : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Shoes are with normal wear. There are stains and scuff marks on the toes, along the sides, and back heels. There are stains and scuff marks on the tops of straps with some wrinkling in material. Fading and discolorations on shoes are due to scuff marks and wear. Zippers are working properly. Insoles are dirty, stained, and shows wear with toe/foot imprints. Bottom soles are dirty from previous wear.”|
|Style:||Sandals||US Shoe Size (Women's):||5.5|
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- NIB Carlos Santana Size 8 Brown Cutout Leather Wedges Platforms Heels
- YSL Saint Laurent T-strap Tribute Nude Size 40 1/2
- Chocolat Blu Mars Wedge Navy Women's Sandals
- Helle Comfort Women's Sandals Indy Brown Leather Shoes Slide Size 6 Eur 37
- Man/Woman CLARKS Women's Manilla Lift Leather Sandal elegant Win highly appreciated Exquisite (processing) processing
- Vans UA Old Skool Navy Textile Adult Trainers
- Nike Epic Speed TR II Trainer Black White Volt Breathable 852456-008 Mens 10.5
- Nike Lebron XI South Beach 616175-330 Men’s Basketball Shoes Size 47.5 / 13
- Mens Puma Sneakers Tsugi Blaze Evoknit Fitness Cross Training Shoes - Black
- Nike Zoom Streak 5 Laser Blue White/Black-Volt 641318 Mens size 8, 41 EUR
- Head Porter Plus x Reebok Classic Leather Leoard 7 7.5 10 10.5 11 11.5 supreme
- Converse Chuck Taylor, All Star, Andy Warhol 9.5 Mens
- Nike Men's Kobe XI TB Promo Size 15 Team Red Basketball Shoes 856485 662
- NIKE AIR MAX TEMPO UPTEMPO "MYSTIC TEAL" 311090 100 (SIZE 10) SOLD OUT & RARE!!!
- Nike Air Jordan Flyknit Elevation 23 Red Black AJ8207 601 US Size 13 Mens Shoes
- Converse Chuck Taylor Sneakers 1950's Vintage Deadstock Vintage US10 JP 28.5cm
- Georgia Mens, Worn Saddle Leather, Steel Toe Work Boots, G9382, US; 10.5W LOGGER
- Polo Ralph Lauren Moseley Oxfords, Men's Size 11.5 D, Brown
- Mens Casual Suede Leather Hidden Heel Shoes Slip On Loafers Driving Low Top New
- Propet Men's Graham Oxford Chocolate 13 5E US
- Mens Embroidery Pointed Toe Hidden Heel Casual Shoes Slip On Loafer Dress Formal
- JOHNSTON & MURPHY ELLINGTON MEN'S BLUE SUEDE SHEEPSKIN WINGTIP OXFORDS SIZE 11 M
- Samsula High Top Shoes by OTBT, Sz.6, Excellent Condition
- Sneakers Femme DC SHOES BRISTOL MID LE Navy Dark Chocolate
- ASICS GT-2000 5 - Pink - Womens
- Wmns Nike Lunar Exceed TR Black White Cross Training Shoes Sneakers 909017-001
- NEW NIKE ZOOM SHIFT II CASUAL WOMENS SHOES SNEAKERS Various Colors Sizes
- Women's Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 Wide Width Running Navy/Teal/Mint 1202681D 495
- vince camuto evanata black patent bootie 10W
- NEW Carlo Pazolini Moto Black Leather Double Zip Shiny Buckle Boot size 10
- Merrell Women's All Out Blaze Sieve Water Shoe - Choose SZ/color
- Vintage British Style Womens Bowknots Fake Fur Lined Block Heeled Ankle Boots
- ~NEW!~ Women's Vintage DINGO Western Cowboy Tapestry & Leather Boots 7 M
- New $395 Elizabeth And James April Forest Green Suede Ankle Boots (US 7)
- Jeffrey Campbell St. Elmo Brown Suede Bootie Size 9.5 MSRP: $145
- Demonia Creeper-219 Black Velvet Embroidered Flower Creeper Shoes - Gothic,Goth,
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.